As a web designer I am asked to build websites either for an individual or a business. When I have the initial consult, I go through a series of questions for my client to get a better vision for what they want their site to look like and what it’s function will be. I ask them these series of questions:
- What is the purpose of the site?
- What are you going to have on your site that will cause the visitor to stay?
- How will you get them to come to your site initially?
- What are you going to have that will keep a visitor returning to your site?
- How will you monitor and update your site so the content will stay fresh and appealing?
- Who will build your site?
Before anyone starts out to build a website, they should make sure that they have defined the answers to these questions first. It will help them through the process more efficiently. Most of all, it will save time and money.